Friday, April 1, 2011

Finally a new blog

Okay it's been a long time since I blogged. March was a very rough month for me mainly at work and things were beginning to get to me. I got a little lazy and pretty much didn't do shit for a couple weeks. I went off my diet and exercise routine a lot and I was pretty much a ghost for a month. I'm sorry to everyone for not making it to hang out but I haven't been able to really go anywhere as of late.

My job has been going through a lot of weird transitions lately and throughout it all I've been very nervous. A lot of buzz has been going around about lay offs and stuff like that and my hours have been cut so much that I barely get 20 hours a week sometimes. My bills are way too much for my paychecks and I've been really struggling to make it this month. I was told that I was safe and that my kiosk was safe by upper management, in person. However two days ago I found out that in about a month I may be unemployed if I don't get out. This week 60 kiosks closed down and in a month several more will be joining them including my kiosk. The problem is my company doesn't fire people, it just schedules them less and less until they quit. It's ridiculous and I may be a victim of it soon. My kiosk will be closing around April 25th and I will be moved to the other kiosk in the Plaza. The manager has a mandatory 40 hours leaving 43 hours for the other 6 workers there which mean maybe one or two shifts every two weeks.

I'm pretty freaked out because my loans kick in in April and I haven't found anything yet. I'm going back to school hopefully in June, but I still have to pay for April and May. I've been tightening my portfolio and applying to new jobs in my off time but nothing has come up. I'm getting so sick of this uncertainty and being kept in the dark but he higher ups about my job. This job is shit but it's all I have right now and the people in corporate really could care less. I can't stand half of them because some of them have actually been with the company less time than I have, none of them listen to us and they go behind everybody's back.

I just wanted to let everyone know why I was kinda a dick this month, I had a lot on my mind and was kinda freaking out all month. I'm trying to make a visit schedule once school starts back up. One of my favorite parts of school...refund checks.

-Kieran

New art is gonna be up tonight in a different entry because it's not scanned yet. Later peeps!

No comments: